Sleep is an important factor in maintaining a healthy mind and body. For seniors, sleep is just as important, since it helps restore the body’s vigor after a long day of doing favorite activities. It is also the body’s way of fighting off illnesses and fatigue that may hinder your loved one from living life in aging to the fullest.
As part of our compassionate home health care, Restoration Homecare Agency offers hourly, overnight, and live-in care for all of our clients.
Our dedicated professionals can provide care, companionship, and supervision whenever needed the most. Our caregivers in New York will always be awake if you need assistance at night.
During our years of being a reliable home care agency, we observed that most seniors are prone to insomnia and other sleep discomforts. If not provided with the right aid, they can go on about their evening with little to no sleep.
As such, here are things we did to give them a good night’s rest.
- Kept their bedroom clean and organized.
- Installed blackout curtains to keep out harsh lights and trap in cool air.
- Avoided heavy meals during dinner, as well as alcoholic drinks.
- Put away gadgets one hour before bed, since blue light reduces the production of melatonin in the brain.
- Advised family members and the seniors themselves to avoid daytime naps and to keep themselves entertained during the day.
As a home health care in Brooklyn, New York, there are tons of ways we can improve our client’s quality of life. One way to achieve this for yourself or a loved one is by getting in touch with our team for an assessment. We look forward to caring for you!